Monday 12 March 2012

Indian Wells Day 5: Popcorn Matches of the Day


There are some decent matches to watch today despite it being very early in the tournament. Here are my views:

Djokovic vs. Anderson
The most anticipated match of the day as the world number one will be in action but probably not the most competitive one. Anderson has a top quality serve and a good follow up forehand but Djokovic possesses a brilliant return and probably the best movement in the game. So all in all I think we'll see a straight set victory for the Serb.

Roddick vs. Berdych
Probably the most competitive match of the day - both men possess weapons and both men took three sets to win their previous match. Roddick's first round match was a struggle but had worked his return into a good groove towards the end of the match - it will be interesting to see whether he can keep this up against Berdych's serve. This match could go to three sets but in the end I think we shall see Berdych prevail.

Wawrinka vs Simon
I haven't seen either of these two play in Indian Wells so far but I am aware that both came through very close and long three setters in their previous matches. Simon is extremely consistent and a brilliant mover and so I think this match will come down to how Wawrinka plays and to whether or not he can sustain a high level of aggressive tennis throughout the match. I think he will - I'll say Wawrinka in straights.

Tweet me your thoughts! 

2 comments:

  1. Great read!! Love reading your blog! Keep posting good stuff like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, posts like that are going to be the main focus of this blog.

      Delete